THE SPIRIT OF CONFUSION OVER OUR NATION
The LORD has mingled within her a spirit of confusion, and they will make Egypt stagger in all its deeds, as a drunken man staggers in his vomit. —Isaiah 19:14
The “spirit of confusion” was mingled by the Lord within the nation of Egypt. It appears that this form of judgment is upon our nation today. Simple, obvious values from the Word of God are being confused. Let’s look at a few areas of utter confusion…
- Abortion— how confused and wicked to be killing one’s own offspring. When abortion became legal in the 70’s we were told it would be rare. We were lied to… but, of course, those who know Jesus understand wickedness comes at first incrementally.
- Lawlessness— “When the sentence for a crime is not quickly carried out, people’s hearts are filled with schemes to do wrong” (Ecclesiastes 8:11). When those in leadership promote lawlessness then violence will increase. Don’t be naïve. There are those government that look to destabilize our nation and will do anything to do so. This also has been coming incrementally.
- Defund the Police— Sure, get rid of those that seek to protect the populace and you get chaos. It is not the wise that are behind weakening the police force of this nation.
- Open borders— “From one man He made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and He determined their appointed times and the boundaries of their lands” (Acts 17:26). God as established not only the time a nation would exist, but He also established boundaries of a nation. What other nation is allowing their boundaries, their borders to be breached like ours have been allowed to? Are we foolish enough to think those who hate this nation are not stealthily coming into our nation to destroy us? Again, this has been incremental.
- Drugs— I read that there were 110 drug deaths by fentanyl in 2022. That is more deaths than the last 4 wars combined. It that is accurate they we have a silent war going on that is killing our younger people and this is originating from China. We are at war and our government isn’t taking steps to protect its own citizens. Our government is complicit in this.
- Trafficking— children are being sexed trafficked much more greatly because of the open border. Our government is complicit in this.
- Gender ID— God’s design is obvious— male and female. This is utterly a mental/demonic deception and our government is complicit in this as well.
- Media— typical journalism is mostly dead, but the propaganda being promoted is surely deceptive.
These are a few areas of confusion. Leaders themselves are greatly confused. Our population in general is greatly confused. There is no doubt a “spirit of confusion” that is over our nation. Confusion is taking the place of clarity. Lies are taking the place of truth. Deception is taking the place of truthfulness. Is our Lord giving this nation over to darkened hearts, sexual degradation— unnatural sexual desires, sinful desires of the heart, lies for truth, depraved minds and so much more? (Romans 1:18-32). It would appear so.
As followers of Jesus, what is to be our response to all this? Pray… pray for those in government and for all people. Our mission given to us by Jesus has not changed. We are to love God and people (Matthew 22:37-40). We are to be witness of Jesus (Acts 1:8) and be actively also making disciples (Matthew 28:16-20). Once the gospel goes out to the whole world and disciples made of all nations, then the end will follow (Matthew 24:14). So, brother and sister, fellow followers of Jesus, let us be faithful to the race marked out for us (Hebrews 12:1-2). Yes, Dear Father, may this be so by the power of Your Holy Spirit and in the authority of Your Son Jesus. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On-whMoulOM