TAKE COURAGE— BE ENCOURAGED AND NOT DISCOURAGED!
“Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or dismayed before the king of Assyria and all the horde that is with him, for there are more with us than with him. With him is an arm of flesh, but with us is the LORD our God, to help us and to fight our battles.” And the people took confidence from the words of Hezekiah king of Judah. —II Chronicles 32:7-8
What are you facing? “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or dismayed” regardless of what You are facing. Do you not know “with us is the LORD our God, to help us and to fight our battles.” Those battling according to the flesh cannot stand. Take confidence from His Word and your relationship with Him!
- Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. —Deuteronomy 31:6
- The LORD gave this command to Joshua son of Nun: “Be strong and courageous, for you will bring the Israelites into the land I promised them on oath, and I myself will be with you.” —Deuteronomy 31:23
- Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their ancestors to give them. —Joshua 1:6
- “Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go.” —Joshua 1:7
- Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go. —Joshua 1:9
- Joshua said to them, “Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Be strong and courageous. This is what the LORD will do to all the enemies you are going to fight.” —Joshua 10:25
- Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD. —Psalm 27:14
- Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the LORD. —Psalm 31:24
- The following night the Lord stood near Paul and said, “Take courage! As you have testified about me in Jerusalem, so you must also testify in Rome.” —Acts 23:11
Courage is bravery, valor, daring and not being a coward. This is what our Lord has called us to. Don’t be discourages— that is a lack of courage. Be encouraged— that is courage being put into you. How does that happen? How can someone that is discouraged be encouraged? Listen to what God says in His Word and put your trust in Him. His Word encourages us!
Recently I was to meet with someone who was discouraged over the death of a young six year old child in a car accident. He knew the child’s father and grandfather. In discouragement there is a desire by many to isolate and that is what this person wanted to do. Instead I encouraged Him to still get together with the group that was meeting. It is during these times that we need other followers of Jesus and to listen to His Word together. Gladly, this person did come and was so thankful he did.
So let us be courageous— not discouraged, but encouraged because of whose we are and by listening to what He has to say! Yes, dear Father may this be so by the power of Your Holy Spirit and by the authority of Your Son Jesus. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu2S9y3r0XE