And Hezekiah and all the people rejoiced because God had prepared for the people, for the thing came about suddenly. —II Chronicles 29:36
The hand of God was also on Judah to give them one heart to do what the king and the princes commanded by the word of the LORD. —II Chronicles 30:12
Oh, may God be preparing our hearts for revival.
- Then we will not turn away from you; revive us, and we will call on your name. —Psalm 80:18
- Will you not revive us again, that your people may rejoice in you? —Psalm 85:6
- For this is what the high and exalted One says— he who lives forever, whose name is holy: “I live in a high and holy place, but also with the one who is contrite and lowly in spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly and to revive the heart of the contrite. —Isaiah 57:15
- After two days he will revive us; on the third day he will restore us, that we may live in his presence. —Hosea 6:2
- LORD, I have heard of your fame; I stand in awe of your deeds, LORD. Repeat them in our day, in our time make them known; in wrath remember mercy. —Habakkuk 3:2
This can happen suddenly and unexpectedly. Oh, that we would be following Him and seeking to be faithful to Him. Revival will bring rejoicing among His people as they understand it is God who has prepared their hearts. He is the One who gives us a heart to be faithful to His Word— “Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose” (Philippians 2:12-13).
Has God put it in your heart to be obedient to His Word? Are you? Are you loving Him with all your heart, soul, strength and mind (Matthew 22:37-40)? It is out of love for Him that we keep His Word (John 14:21). It is out of love for Him that we are witnesses. It is out of love for Him that we make disciples that keep His Word as well. Now I say, are you and I truly loving Him? Are we serving others? Are we being faithful to what He has put on our hearts? O, dear Father may this be so and may You bring revival by the power of Your Holy Spirit and in the authority of Your Son Jesus. May it be so… Begin with me… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V0g35FOE30