PRAY AND TELL!
First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all, which is the testimony given at the proper time. For this I was appointed a preacher and an apostle (I am telling the truth, I am not lying), a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth.
When Timothy is encouraged by Paul to pray for all people, Nero was ruling at the time in Rome. The history of how Rome treated followers of Jesus is clearly written. There was great persecution against them. Many of our brothers and sisters are going through similar persecution is some countries today. We in the United States have not see that type of wide-spread persecution… yet.
Regardless of who is ruling we are told that we are to pray for all people—
- That we might lead a peaceful and quiet life. This could be at peace with those governing, but also an inner peace because we know whose we are, where we are going and who is ultimately in control as He is fulfilling His plans and purposes. We need to be faithfully carrying out His desires for us as well.
- As we living godly lives. Yes, even under Nero this was to be the case and so it is with all believers today. Regardless of who is ruling in government we are to live godly lives.
- As we are living dignified lives. Our lives should be a testimony, a light to those around us.
- So others will come to a knowledge of the truth.
- Because this is pleasing to God
- Because God’s desire is that others come to a knowledge of the Truth
- Realizing we have One Mediator—- Jesus
- Realizing Jesus ransomed us
- Realizing the timely testimony
- We too are appointed to share this good news with others
And so God has you and I living at this time, fellow follower of Jesus, to be praying for all men and to be sharing the good news about Jesus with others as well. May we do so by the power of His Holy Spirit and in the authority of His Son. Yes, Dear Father, may this be so! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yBzIt_z8oY