THE BLESSED AND THE CURSED
Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; but his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither. In all that he does, he prospers. The wicked are not so, but are like chaff that the wind drives away. Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous; for the LORD knows the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked will perish. —Psalm 1
The “blessed” man or “happy” man:
- Does not live life according to “counsel of the wicked.” These are people who living according to the sinful passions of self. They do what they want, their thinking is darkened— Romans 1:18-32. They do not want to live for God. They want to do what they want to do— sinfully selfish. WHO DO YOU TAKE YOUR COUNSEL FROM?
- Does not go in the way of sinners. He is not on the same path as sinners. He is not a habitually “missing the mark” as those who are doing that are on the unrighteous path. — Prov. 8:13; Amos 5:15- Hate evil and love good…
- Does not sit with the defiant, prideful, those who cannot acknowledge their wrong, those who will not seek instruction — Proverbs 13:1; 15:12
- He delights in God’s Word and spends much time there. He wants to hear from the LORD (self-existent One). —II Tim 3:16-17
- He is healthy, fruitful consistent and perseveres. He is a new creation, a transformed life (Romans 12:1-2)
- He is prospered by the Lord — James 2:14-26
- Will be blown away like chaff. Throw the wheat into the air and the chaff is blown away… gone… forever
- Will not stand in the judgment
- Will not be among the righteous —Matthew 25:41-46; Revelation 20:15
Our Lord knows who are righteous (have trusted Jesus shown by following Him) and He knows the wicked (have not trusted Jesus shown by not following Him). AGAIN, WHO DO YOU TAKE YOUR COUNSEL FROM?
We who know Jesus will be in glory one day because of the work He has done and our trusting in that work.
Those who have not trusted Jesus will perish in hell… forever condemned!
Dear Father You have called us to be witnesses, disciple-makers, peace-makers, ambassadors, servants and friends. Oh, that I would be faithful by the power of Your Holy Spirit and in the authority of Your Son to be and do what You desire. May it be so! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkHqaBxPoAM