For Ezra had set his heart to study the Law of the LORD, and to do it and to teach his statutes and rules in Israel. —Ezra 7:10
Ezra “set his heart” to do three things:
- To study the Law of the Lord
- To do what the Law of the Lord said
- To teach the Law of the Lord
This is discipleship. We learn what our Lord is saying to us through His Word. Then we make application to our own lives. Then we hand this down to others so they will do the same. Just as our Lord desires us to learn, know, obey and pass it on to others. So the others we pass it on to are to learn, know, obey and pass it on to others. Oh, may we be faithful in doing so.
So here are some questions.
- Are you faithful in His Word, learning His desires?
- How are you making application to your life of what He is teaching you?
- Who are you passing this on to and encouraging them to do the same?
This is exactly what the Great Commission also teaches us (Matthew 28:19-20).
- We are to be disciples and make disciples
- We are to teach disciples what Jesus has taught us.
- They in turn are to do the same with others.
So, whose lives am I involved in this way? Whose lives are you involved this way? This is what we are called to be about. May we be faithful. Yes, Dear Father may we be faithful in making disciples by the power of Your Holy Spirit and in the authority of Jesus You Son. And may this be done all out of love for You and for people. So be it! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW5o2uBeMWQ