GOD’S WORD— DON’T ADD OR TAKE AWAY FROM IT!
You shall not add to the word that I command you, nor take from it, that you may keep the commandments of the LORD your God that I command you. —Deuteronomy 4:2
Do not add to his words, or he will rebuke you and prove you a liar. —Proverbs 30”6
I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll. And if anyone takes words away from this scroll of prophecy, God will take away from that person any share in the tree of life and in the Holy City, which are described in this scroll. —Revelation 22:18-19
To claim to be a follower of Jesus and then take away or add to what He says in His Word is a very serious matter. Those who do so will be shown to be liars. Not only that but they are in danger of God’s judgment!
What are some ways people are taking away or adding to God’s Word?
- They take away from God’s Word by denying God’s design for marriage being one man and one woman for life.
- They add to God’s Word by saying that any other design for marriage is acceptable such as homosexual marriage or any other deviate marriage promoted by man.
- They take away from God’s Word by denying that God made them male and female.
- They add to God’s Word by saying that one’s gender is chosen by themselves and what they think.
- They take away from God’s Word by denying He is forming a child in the womb.
- They add to God’s Word by saying what is being formed in the womb is not a child and that it is OK to kill it.
Well, the list goes on as to how man is taking away from God’s Word and adding to His Word. “Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life” (Galatians 6:7-8). To take away or add to God’s Word only leads to destruction.
Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’” A person truly is not living unless they are listening and lovingly obeying His Word. My Dear Father may I hear and because I love You may I do what You desire. Help me, please, not to be pressed into the world’s mold as it redefines what You have said and add to or take away from Your Word. May I be faithful to You by the power of Your Holy Spirit and in the authority of Jesus. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLX83HbefrI&list=UUf1NPIFOBwzTLVQiEDnq4Cw&index=17