The Son… sustains everything by the mighty power of his command. —Hebrews 1:3
Oh no, it’s the end of the world. What can we do? Climate cooling warming change is going to destroy us. The seas are going to rise! Homes will be destroyed! People are going to starve! The atomic bomb will destroy the world. What are we going to do? Do something! Ingredients for a perfect storm! http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/23/us/feat-doomsday-clock-three-minutes-midnight/
We definitely live in dangerous times, but one scheme of the devil is to cause confusion, to create crisis so people will bend to things that they do not usually bend to. There are evil forces seeking to destroy. Yes, Satan is real and so are the demons. Spiritual warfare is occurring in high places to manipulate man and destroy him. II Timothy 2:25-26 is very clear that those who have not trusted Jesus are in “the devil’s trap. For they have been held captive by him to do whatever he wants.”
Let’s take a look at what the devil wants and how that is being worked out in our culture:
· The slaughter of close to 60 million babies. Now we have clear evidence that the abortion butcher houses have been harvesting these little one’s body parts to sell! Where is the outrage!
· For years we have taught people to be dependent on the government instead of using their God-given creativity to fend for themselves. A park sign reads “Don’t feed the bears. They will become dependent on you.” Yet Satan wants people not to use their God-given creativity and become passive pawns to be manipulated by government handouts.
· Lawlessness in high places will encourages lawlessness at all levels resulting in chaos across the culture. Satan is the author of chaos. God is the author of orderliness.
· A country of super debt. Who in their right mind would be bringing American closer and closer to financial ruin? The “love of money is the root of all kinds of evil” (I Timothy 6:10). There are the super rich whose intention is to use their wealth to maneuver for their benefit and control. Satan uses people’s love for money to carry out his evil intentions.
· As a whole our police are being denigrated and anarchist groups are being encouraged with race being used to fuel these flames of disruption. Satan is the author of hatred and murder.
· Man’s attempt to redefine marriage is only man’s attempt. God’s design for marriage will always stand. Homosexual marriage, if accepted by all, would be the end to humanity.
· The attempt to silence critics by using the educational system to brainwash moldable minds into regurgitators of the liberal and destructive party line– control the youth & control the future.
There is so much more. My take? God’s clock is what matters, not men. He will bring things to a climax in His time. Jesus sustains all things and “he holds all creation together” (Colossians 1:17). Man may think he is in control. He is not. Satan may think he is in control. He is not. “But the one who rules in heaven laughs. The Lord scoffs at them. Then in anger he rebukes them, terrifying them with his fierce fury” (Psalm 2:4-5). Jesus is the One who gives the commands. He has the final say! He is the Victor and that will be fully seen in the future!
Dear Father, I am so glad to know You and to know that this world is not going to be destroyed by man. You will judge this world in the end. I am so grateful to know you have plans and purposes for this planet. May I encourage the lost to trust King Jesus, the Creator and Sustainer of all things!