And you were dead in the trespasses and sins in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience—among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind. But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved—and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them. —Ephesians 2:1-10
Fellow follower of Jesus get a hold of this!
· You were dead in trespasses and sins
· You walked following the course of this world
· You followed the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience
· You once live in the passions of your flesh
· You once carried out the desires of the body
· You once carried out the desires of the mind
· You were by nature a child of wrath
· You were like the rest of mankind
· Is rich in mercy
· Has great love
· Loves you with this great love
· Made you alive in Christ when you were dead in your trespasses
· Saves you by grace
· Raised you and seated you in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus
· In coming ages will show you the immeasurable riches of His grace in kindness in Christ Jesus
· Saves you by grace through faith
· Gives you salvation as a gift
· Makes you his workmanship
· Created you in Christ Jesus for good works
· Prepared these works beforehand that you should walk in them
And you say?
Dear Father, out of loving gratitude for Who You are and what You have done may I truly seek to life faithfully to honor You. May this be so in the authority of Jesus and by the Holy Spirit’s power.