THE BLESSED AND THE WICKED
Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; but his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither. In all that he does, he prospers. The wicked are not so, but are like chaff that the wind drives away. Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous; for the LORD knows the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked will perish. —Psalm 1
Our Lord knows everything. Nothing is hidden from Him— “Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account” (Hebrews 4:13). Indeed, “the LORD knows the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked will perish.”
The righteous are blessed and those that are blessed—
- Do not walk in the counsel of the wicked. They are very careful who they receive counsel from and surely do not want to get their counsel from wicked people. Be on guard as to who you take counsel from.
- Do not stand in the way of sinners. They are careful not to be stationary in the way that sinners go. They do not want to be influenced by them and so do not even want to stand in the way they go, but their desire is to stand with the righteous.
- Do not sit in the seat of the scoffers. They do not want to be staying with and be comfortable with those who ridicule and mock. They do not want to be influenced by them.
- Delight in the law of the Lord. They focus on His Word and it is a joy to hear and read what He says and then to apply His Word to life.
- Meditates on His Word day and night. His Word is His focus. Nothing is more important than to hear from God and then to be and do what He says.
- Are like a tree planted by a stream. Sustained by the Word of God.
- Yields fruit in its season. Multiplies through the Word of God.
- Leaf shall not wither. Healthy by the Word of God.
- Prospers by the Word of God.
- Are like chaff.
- Are blown away.
- Will not stand in judgment.
- Will not stand in the congregation of the righteous.
Brother and sister, fellow follower of Jesus, we are blessed and so may we live out that blessedness faithfully, honoring our Lord. Yes, Dear Father, may this be so by the power of Your Holy Spirit and in the authority of Your Son Jesus. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkHqaBxPoAM&t=8s