YOU ARE EITHER IN THE KINGDOM OF LIGHT OR THE KINGDOM OF DARKNESS!
And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil. For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed. But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God.” —John 3:19-21
There are only two kingdoms and everyone is in either the one or the other. Which one are you in?
Are you in the Kingdom of His Dear Son Jesus or under the power of Satan? Are you in the kingdom of Light or in the domain of darkness? You are either in Jesus’s Kingdom or Satan’s kingdom (Colossians 1:12-14; Acts 26:17-18; Luke 11:18). Which is it?
Jesus is the Light, the Truth that has come into the world. Those who love Him and are living for Him will come to Him and want to be with Him. It will be clearly seen that those who serve God are seeking to be and do what He desires. On the other hand, those who love darkness and lies do evil works. “For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed.” So… here is an easy measurement of who you really are—
- Do you love darkness or do you love light?
- Do you love evil or do you love good (as God defines it, not man)?
- Do you love wickedness or do you love goodness?
- Do you want your works known or do you want to keep them hidden?
- Do you love Jesus (light, truth, good/goodness in works) or do you love Satan (darkness, lies, evil/wicked works)?
- Do you have a passion for Jesus and His Kingdom or a passion for Satan and His kingdom?
- Do you have a great desire to be with Jesus in Heaven or do you have a great passion for Satan and this world?
So, what most people do not understand is that they are either doing the will of God or the will of Satan. What is the primary will of God? It is to believe in His Son, Jesus— “For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day” (John 6:40). “And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us” (I John 3:23).
But then those who do not believe Jesus are doing Satan’s will. Those who have not believed “must be gently instructed, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth, and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will” (II Timothy 2:25-26). Those who have not come to believe and live for Jesus don’t understand that—
- They need to repent— call on Jesus to save them, turn from their own ways and follow God’s ways revealed in His Word.
- They need to come to their senses— they are not thinking right, not from God’s perspective, but from Satan’s perspective
- They are in bondage to the devil— whether they realize this or not!
- They are held captive by Satan to do his will— and surely his will is to keep people from repenting, calling on Jesus to save them, turning from their ways to follow God’s ways.
The Good News is people only need to read God’s Word to come to the right conclusion— “Jesus performed many other signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book. But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name. (John 20:30-31). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcmqSfr1ENY https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk
Dear Father, please, if there are any who are reading this and have not called on Jesus to save them so they can live for Him and be in His Kingdom and be rescued from Satan’s domain, please help them to call on Jesus now. May this be so by the power of Your Holy Spirit and in the authority of Your Son Jesus. So may it be!