BE READY, BE ON MISSION!
And because lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold. —Matthew 24:12
So when you see the abomination of desolation spoken of by the prophet Daniel, standing in the holy place (let the reader understand). —Matthew 24:15
For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been from the beginning of the world until now, no, and never will be. —Matthew 24:21
For as the lightning comes from the east and shines as far as the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather. Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then will appear in heaven the sign of the Son of Man, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he will send out his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other. —Matthew 24:27-31
So also, when you see all these things, you know that he is near, at the very gates. Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place. —Matthew 24:33-34
Surely our Lord could come back in our lifetime. Even though we may not know the day or hour, we can know the signs Jesus gave to us. These signs He gave were in direct answer to the disciples asking questions and two of those questions were: 1- What will be the sign of your coming? 2- What will be the sign of the close of the age? Let’s look at a couple things.
- Lawlessness will increase— This is surely the case in the U.S., but we cannot measure things only based on our nation. This lawlessness presently seems to be permeating world-wide.
- Going along with the lawlessness is “the love of many will grow cold.” These two go hand-in-hand. The coldness of people’s hearts allows them to do utterly hateful things toward others. The spirit of hatred is surely on the rise as the love of many grows cold.
- “When you see the abomination of desolation… standing in the holy place” we know the time of His coming is near. Mentioning of “the Holy Place” gives indication that the temple is going to be rebuilt. Today there are indications that preparations are in place for this… https://www.barrons.com/news/the-israelis-set-for-new-jewish-temple-on-al-aqsa-site-ccc39a5e
- “There will be great tribulation, such as has not been from the beginning of the world until now, no, and never will be.” With all the horrific things that have happened on this planet, none will compare to this future time of terrible tribulation.
- There will be carnage from war, disturbances in the heavens, the sign of our Lord’s coming, mourning on the earth at His coming.
- He will come in great power and glory.
- There will be a great trumpet call.
- Angels will gather the elect.
- Those seeing these things are to know His time is near.
Is the coming of Jesus near? Nobody is to set dates, but many are talking about our present-day situation and how many of the signs are present. But whether we are near or far, our mission has not changed. Let us be faithful witnesses and disciple-makers as He expects us to be. Oh, that we would hear, “Well done, good and faithful servant.” Yes, Dear Father, may this be the case by the power of Your Holy Spirit and in the authority of Your Son Jesus. Yes, so may it be. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBHcvJhc6Pk