FAITH, TRUST AND ACTION!
They have lyre and harp, tambourine and flute and wine at their feasts, but they do not regard the deeds of the LORD, or see the work of his hands. —Isaiah 5:12
Woe to those who call evil good and good evil… —Isaiah 5:20
If you are not firm in faith, you will not be firm at all. —Isaiah 7:9
- Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. —Hebrews 11:1
- By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible. —Hebrews 11:3
- And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him. —Hebrews 11:6
Are you standing firm in faith? If you are not, then you will not be firm at all! “These were all commended for their faith” (Hebrews 11:39). Will you and I? How much are we trusting in God? “But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do” (James 1:6-8). Doubt is disbelief and causes instability in all a person does.
Today we have many that say they have “faith.” Yet, they do not regard or see the works of our Lord God Almighty. They call evil good and good evil. This is all around us today. We must understand what is going on. “Opponents must be gently instructed, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth, and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will” (II Timothy 2:25-26). Let’s consider what this verse is saying…
- People are being held captive by the devil to do his will.
- People are in the trap of the devil to do his will.
- People need to come to their senses because they are not thinking right.
- People need to come to a knowledge of the truth instead of believing lies.
- People need to come to repentance and only God can grant that.
- People need to be instructed from God’s Word.
Well… how is all that going to happen? Brother and sister, fellow follower of Jesus, that is what our Lord has called us to!
“For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!” —Romans 10:12-15
Oh, Dear Father, may I stand firm in my faith in You, trusting You for all things in the midst of this wicked world. Be pleased to work in and through me to take the good news to others. Yes, my hope is in You alone and that by the power of Your Holy Spirit and in the authority of Your Son Jesus. Yes, bring the good news to others through me… for Your Honor and glory! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6fA35Ved-Y