The wicked borrow and do not repay, but the righteous give generously. —Psalm 37:21
One thing is for sure from God’s perspective— “The wicked borrow and do not repay.” The wicked will take and take and take… they are takers, but they are not repayers. Want one clear evidence that a person is wicked? It is that they will take and not pay back.
We are living in a time, and it has been decades now, when our government keeps borrowing and borrowing and borrowing with no intent to pay it back. There is no plan to pay it back. If you are a tax-payer in the U.S. the government has you, as an individual tax-payer, saddled with $246,867. That’s right! Even though you have been faithful in paying your taxes, working a job, starting a business and faithfully working (for those that do), the government has us $246,867 per tax-payer in debt. There are some sobering numbers to look at the national debt clock—- https://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html
A government that is not paying back what it borrowed is a wicked government. An individual not paying back what they borrowed is a wicked individual. Now there are circumstances, real factors why some individuals may not be able to pay back debt, but I am talking about those who can pay back, but don’t.
Now our government is encouraging those who took student loans not to pay them back. This is wickedness. There is no other description for it— wickedness encouraging wickedness. So the wicked take and borrow what is not theirs and don’t pay it back. On the other hand, the righteous take what is their own and they share it with others. What a difference. Those living wickedly will encourage others to live wickedly. On the other hand, let us, fellow followers of Jesus, live rightly and encourage others to do the same.
“Where the Spirit of the Lord (Jesus) is there is freedom” and right living (II Corinthians 3:17). The opposite is true as well— Where the Spirit of the Lord is not, there is bondage/enslavement, wrong living— “The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave to the lender” (Proverbs 22:7). Our government has financially enslaved us, our children, our grandchildren…
Where wickedness is freely expressed it only gets worse. Finances are a good indicator of healthiness or unhealthiness. Our nation is financially unhealthy even as many of its citizens are seeking to be faithful and financially healthy. Here are some other ways our nation is experience unhealthiness, bondage/enslavement, wickedness…
- Abortion— let’s just call it for what it is— the murder of children in the womb.
- Human trafficking to enslave people— so many are children.
- Sex trafficking to sell people for evil— so many are children.
- Drugs flowing in from China and killing hundreds of our youth.
- Covid— denial of its origin from China.
- Open borders (God ultimately created national borders—Acts 17:28).
- Media and government officials blatantly lying to those they should be speaking truth to.
- The decline in health care quality.
- The tanking economy (can’t keep printing money without negative influence).
- Education— students have been used to make money for some and educational quality has sunk. Thousands upon thousands of students are being pulled from public schools have seen the manipulation of the government schools.
- Government corruption is in the wide open.
- Injustices are rampant as groups are favored over other groups.
- Defunding the police is absolutely ludicrous.
- Crime is rampant.
There is a way out. It is the only way out. Jesus said, “I am the way, the truth and the life. No man comes to the Father, but by me” (John 14:6). He is the only way to be forgiven and to be in relationship with God. He is the only One who can bring true peace. Will our nation turn?
Dear Father be please to do a new thing in our time. Oh, that many would turn to Jesus and then live for Him by the power of Your Holy Spirit and in the authority of Jesus. So may it be. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On-whMoulOM