THE ONLY FREEDOM IS IN JESUS!
Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. —II Corinthians 3:17
And… where Spirit of the Lord is not, there is bondage. Listen to what we read in II Timothy 2:23-26—
Don’t have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful. Opponents must be gently instructed, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth, and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will.
Actually, every single person, regardless of background, if they do not know Jesus then they are—
- Not thinking right and need “to come to their senses.”
- Are in the trap of the devil.
- Are held captive by the devil “to do his will.”
How do people escape this bondage they are presently in?
- Those in bondage need to hear the message about Jesus.
- God may grant them repentance—turning from their ways and following His ways.
- God may lead them to a knowledge of the truth instead of believing lies.
- Then they will come to their senses.
- Then they will escape the trap of the devil.
- Then they will escape being the devil’s captive.
- Then they will no longer be in bondager to do the devil’s will.
This is spiritual warfare (Ephesians 6:10-20). Satanic influences captivate and encourage people to do the devil’s will. Only “the truth will set (them) free” (John 8:32). Politics and policies do not bring true freedom— only when “the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed” (John 8:36).
The world is in utter bondage to the devil. That is why we see all the evil taking place, but again, “the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.” So, brother and sister, fellow follower of Jesus, let’s bring that message to others so they too can have true freedom in Jesus, regardless of the evil that is taking place all around us. Yes, Dear Father, may this be so by the power of Your Holy Spirit and in the authority of You Son Jesus. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KudssJKRBB0 I am free in Jesus!