THE ORCHESTRATION OF YOUR SALVATION
And Zacchaeus stood and said to the Lord, “Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor. And if I have defrauded anyone of anything, I restore it fourfold.” And Jesus said to him, “Today salvation has come to this house, since he also is a son of Abraham. For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.” —Luke 19:8-10
Jesus sought out Zacchaeus. It may seem the other way around when we read this portion in context, but within the sovereignty of God it was God that brought about the circumstances for Zacchaeus. Think about this… Who was it that—
- Allowed Jericho to exist at that particular time?
- Created Zacchaeus?
- Gave him the ability to be a tax collector?
- Allowed him to have wealth?
- Encouraged him to seek Jesus?
- Created the crowd?
- Made Zacchaeus of small stature?
- Gave him the ability to run?
- Gave him the ability to climb?
- Caused the sycamore tree to grow in that particular spot?
- Planned that particular way to walk?
- Planned to look up at that particular time and spot?
- Told Zacchaeus to come down from the tree?
- Said He must stay at Zacchaeus’ house?
- Encouraged Zacchaeus to hurry down from the tree?
- Caused him to receive Jesus joyfully?
- That allowed the people to see this all happen?
- That went to be Zacchaeus’ guest?
- That caused Zacchaeus to repent and take the right action?
- That said salvation has come to his house?
- That sought him and saved him?
There is so much in this passage that our Lord planned that could not be orchestrated by man. For every single person who has ever been saved from sin by our Lord God Almighty and saved to a relationship with Him— He is the One who has finely tuned every detail to bring us to Himself. Let us reflect on that and praise Him for His gracious detail and patience as He sought us out!
Dear Father I am astounded that You would even draw me to Jesus. But then when I look over the details of how You drew me it amazes me how patient, merciful, gracious and loving You were toward me. May I be so toward others by the power of Your Holy Spirit and in the authority of Your Beloved Son Jesus. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyFNAs2jRjU