Blessed is the man who makes the LORD his trust, who does not turn to the proud, to those who go astray after a lie —Psalm 40:4
Are you blessed? You are only if our Lord is being trusted by you. Are you blessed? You are only if you do not turn after the proud. Are you blessed? You are only if you do not go after those who go astray after a lie.
We live in the world, but as followers of Jesus we are not of the world and we are to keep ourselves unspotted by the world (John 17:14; James 1:27). Trust our Lord God Almighty above all else (Matthew 22:37-40) and beware of worldly rulers, especially “If a ruler listens to lies,
all his officials become wicked” (Proverbs 29:12). Be wise and aware, but keep serving our Lord. Be the people He desires us to be and be about His business as He desires. His marching orders do not change regardless of the situations and circumstances of life.
- “Blessed is the one whom God corrects; so do not despise the discipline of the Almighty.” —Job 5:17
- “Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers.” —Psalm 1:1
- “Blessed is the one whose sin the LORD does not count against them and in whose spirit is no deceit.” —Psalm 32:2
- “Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.” —Psalm 34:8
- “Blessed is the one who trusts in the LORD, who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods.” —Psalm 40:4
- “Blessed are those you choose and bring near to live in your courts! We are filled with the good things of your house, of your holy temple.” —Psalm 65:4
- “Blessed are those whose strength is in you, whose hearts are set on pilgrimage.” —Psalm 84:5
- “Blessed is the one you discipline, LORD, the one you teach from your law.” —Psalm 94:12
- “Praise the LORD. Blessed are those who fear the LORD, who find great delight in his commands.” —Psalm 112:1
- “Blessed are those who find wisdom, those who gain understanding,” —Proverbs 3:13
- “Blessed is the one who always trembles before God, but whoever hardens their heart falls into trouble.” —Proverbs 28:14
- “Blessed is the one who does this— the person who holds it fast, who keeps the Sabbath without desecrating it, and keeps their hands from doing any evil.” —Isaiah 56:2
- “Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.” —James 1:12
So are you blessed? As a follower of Jesus you are! Live in those blessings. Do you not know Jesus? You are missing out on these blessings. Call on His Name today (Romans 10:13; II Corinthians 6:2). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD6khv6pGkw Why wouldn’t you?
Dear Father I thank You for the many blessings You have graciously bestowed upon me. Out of gratitude of my heart and love for You and people, may I be faithful to Your desires in the power of Your Holy Spirit and in the authority of Your Son Jesus. Yes, may it be so! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfiYWaeAcRw