BE STEADFAST IN HIS PURPOSES FOR YOU!
I cry out to God Most High, to God who fulfills his purpose for me. —Psalm 57:2
My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast! I will sing and make melody! —Psalm 57:7
As some has once said, “The Christian walk is an endurance race, not a sprint” —or something like that. The point is as followers of Jesus this is a life-long life-style and not some brief lived fad. Is your heart steadfast; an unwavering and fixedness on His purposes for you. Yes, He has specific purposes for you (Matthew 22:37-40; 28:16-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 12:1-2; Ephesians 2:10; I Timothy 2:2; I Peter 4:10). Cry out to Him whatever situation you presently find yourself in. He has purpose for you in it and He will fulfill His purposes for you. Wow… How wonderful is that to know? Listen, fellow follower of Jesus, this is true of you. Look to Him and line up with His purposes in the life He has given you (I Corinthians 6:19-20). Stop living life as if you are the one that seeks to be in control. Be a fellow-worker with what He is doing (I Corinthians 3:9).
- “Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain” (I Corinthians 15:58).
- “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up” (Galatians 6:9).
- “And as for you, brothers and sisters, never tire of doing what is good” (II Thessalonians 3: 13).
- “Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart” (Hebrews 12:3).
- “So I will always remind you of these things, even though you know them and are firmly established in the truth you now have” (II Peter 1:12).
Keep your eyes fixed on Jesus as you run with perseverance this race He has marked out for you (Hebrews 12:1-2). Have perseverance and steadfastness for the long distant, life-long race and not a sprint for just part of our life. Remember, His eye is fixed on you (Job 14:3). His eye is on the sparrow and how much more valuable are you! (Matthew 6:26). He will fulfill His purposes in your life… be steadfast as you cry out to Him! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsQmsEE_2-s&list=UUf1NPIFOBwzTLVQiEDnq4Cw&index=12
Dear Father may I be steadfast in Your purposes by the power of Your Holy Spirit and in the authority of Your Son, Jesus. May it be so!