BE STILL AND KNOW HE IS GOD!
He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth.” —Psalm 46:10
Be still? Can you be still? At this time of the year, the Christmas Season, it is possible, like Martha (Luke 10:38-42), to be so busy with preparations for the Season that we are not still to ponder and spend time with the One for whom this Season is all about—- our Lord Jesus! He is the One who is to be exalted!
Be still and know that He is God! “All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: “The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel” (which means God with us)” and this is the One we are to be still for and know! (Matthew 1:22-23).
- That this babe in the manger was God in the flesh come to live among us (John 1:14).
- That Jesus is equal to His Father in all ways (John 5:18).
- That the statement that Jesus made incited the Jews to want to stone Him again and again for blasphemy (John 10:58).
- That the Jewish leaders knew that he was claiming to be God among them (John 10:30-33).
- That Jesus would draw men to Himself by being “lifted up” (John 3:13-15; 12:23-36).
- That Jesus is God’s eternal gift to us (John 3:16).
- That we are co-heirs with Jesus (Romans 8:17).
- That we will be with Jesus (John 14:1-6).
And the list goes on and on as we are still and ponder and know who He is! Yes, so let us set time aside to be still and know that He is God. And let us rejoice in who He is and all that He has done, is doing and will do. Yes, let us be still and ponder who He is. Rejoice!
Dear Father it is so overwhelming as I ponder who Jesus is and all that He has done, is doing and will do for us. I so do not understand so much, but I am so grateful for Your love for us and for the Gift of Your Son. In loving gratitude may I live a faithful life for You in the power of Your Holy Spirit and in the authority of Jesus. May it be so.