BE A PERSON OF PRAYER— A PERSON THAT SPENDS TIME TALKING WITH OUR LORD
We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives, so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light. —Colossians 1:9-12
How wonderful to have someone or someones to be continually praying for me? May I also be doing so for others— bringing them before “the throne of grace.” Here we find Paul and his team continually praying for the Colossians. Let’s take a look at some of the areas they prayed for—
- They asked for the Colossians to be filled “with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives.”
- They prayed because they wanted them to “live a life worthy of the Lord.”
- They prayed because they wanted them to “please the Lord in every way.”
- They prayed that they would bear “fruit in every good work.”
- They prayed that they would grow in the “knowledge of God.”
- They prayed that they would be “strengthened with all power according to his glorious might.”
- They prayed that they would “have great endurance and patience.”
- They prayed with “joyful thanks” for them.
- They prayed that “the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light.”
Who is praying like that for me? Who am I praying for like that? Surely we see that Paul and his team truly had a heart for the Colossians even though he had apparently never even personally met them. Do you and I have such passion like that to pray for brothers and sisters… even those we have never personally met? How is your prayer life? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIpnW3rtRQ4
Dear Father may I grow in this area of prayer— to spend more time with You and to spend more time speaking to You on the behalf of brothers and sisters. Yes, may this be so by the power of Your Holy Spirit and in the authority of Jesus. So may it be so!